“Updated Galapagos Entry Requirements”
The Enchanted Islands have the biggest number of endemic species on the planet, it’s one of the biggest marine reserves and a destination with a vaccinated against COVID-19 population.
The 100% of the Galapagos population over 18 years is vaccinated.
February 11, 2022 the requirement for all passengers, older than 12 years old, regardless of their residence, must present the complete vaccination card with at least 14 days of validity
OR present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test performed no later than 72 hours prior to boarding the flight.
Passengers from 2 to 12 years of age must present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test performed no later than 72 hours prior to boarding the flight.
Along with the previous requirements, passengers visiting Galapagos must present:
– Transit Control Card – purchase at the airport before boarding
– Tourist services Voucher (provided by the Local Tour operator)
– ORIGINAL Passport or Ecuadorian Cedula, copy not valid
– Round trip Airticket (if you fly in two different airlines, present both air tickets)
Please remember that requirements may vary according to the evolution of the epidemiologic situation. Please check the requirements before your journey.
STEP BY STEP:
– Arrive at the airport 02 hours previous to the flight time
– Wear a mask at all times (carry extra masks to maintain your health), alcohol gel in hand luggage no more than 100 ml You can carry an extra gel in cargo luggage.
– At the counter of the “Consejo de Gobierno de Régimen Especial de Galápagos” present:
a) ORIGINAL Passport or Ecuadorian Cedula, copy not valid
b) Present the complete vaccination card with at least 14 days of validity or a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken no longer than 72 hours before arrival
e) Pay USD$20 (cash) of the TCT Traffic Control Card
Then place your luggage in the scanning machine so that it can be sealed by the ABG (Biosafety and Quarantine Agency). Remember, it is not allowed to carry fruit with seeds, seeds, animals, plastic bags
Then continue to the Airline Counter
UPON ARRIVAL IN GALAPAGOS
Pay Galapagos entrance fee USD$100 Foreign Tourist/ Ecuadorian tourist USD$6.00 or USD$3.00 Senior Citizen (cash the exact amount, credit card payment is not accepted)
Present the TCT Traffic Control Card (issued at the Quito or Guayaquil airport)
NOTE: Private Health Insurance – Required for Foreign Tourists ONLY